If you were hurt in an accident due to someone’s negligence, you might be entitled to compensation. You should reach out to The Law Offices of Briggs & Briggs today to determine whether you have a case we could help you pursue.
Accidents often lead to injuries resulting in physical limitations and emotional trauma. When another person’s wrongdoing causes an injury, you deserve the opportunity to hold them liable. The expenses you incur should be their financial responsibility if they were at fault for the incident.
Our legal team understands the effects of an injury on a person’s life. Many times, accident victims can’t care for themselves or return to their jobs. A significant reduction in income could occur, preventing you from affording your medical bills and other expenses. You should seek legal representation from us to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Call The Law Offices of Briggs & Briggs at (253) 588-6696 today if you want to learn more about what we can do for you. One of our Waller personal injury lawyers can meet you for a free consultation to review your case and advise you about the available legal options.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Take
Since 1952, The Law Offices of Briggs & Briggs has represented clients in various personal injury cases, such as:
- Truck accidents – If you were in an accident involving a commercial truck, you would need an experienced lawyer from The Law Offices of Briggs & Briggs to assist you with your case. Truck accident cases are often complex and difficult to pursue without legal representation.
- Dog/animal attacks – Dogs and other animals can cause life-threatening injuries when attacking a human. Washington is a strict liability state, meaning the dog’s owner is liable for biting someone while they’re in a public place or lawfully on private property.
- Bus accidents – Many people depend on buses for their daily commutes. Unfortunately, the bus driver or another negligent party could cause an accident, injuring the bus passengers and occupants of other vehicles.
- Slip and falls – A slip and fall happens when someone slips and falls due to the dangerous conditions on another person’s property. You could hold the property owner liable for the injury you suffered.
- Bicycle accidents – Bicyclists can use designated bike lanes to keep them away from motor vehicles on the road. Unfortunately, that separation is not enough to prevent drivers from drifting into the bicycle lane due to distractions or inattention.
- Auto accidents – Auto accidents can lead to severe injuries and fatalities. In 2021, more than 600 people died in fatal crashes in Washington.
- Motorcycle accidents – When you’re on a motorcycle, you can navigate traffic more easily than when you’re in a car. Although motorcycles are convenient modes of transportation, riders typically sustain severe injuries in accidents with other vehicles.
- Rideshare accidents – Rideshare companies, such as Uber offer affordable and convenient transportation. Although you might feel safe, the rideshare driver could behave negligently, placing you in harm’s way.
- Construction accidents – Working on construction sites is dangerous. In 2020, there were 4,764 fatal work injuries in the United States. The Law Offices of Briggs & Briggs has a team of personal injury lawyers in Waller, WA, ready to help you file a workers’ compensation claim for the benefits you’re entitled to. We can also help you file a third-party personal injury lawsuit if you were injured while visiting a construction site.
- Pedestrian accidents – Drivers are supposed to yield to pedestrians when necessary. However, many drivers don’t pay attention to pedestrians and crash into them at crosswalks and intersections.
- Brain injuries – A violent blow or jolt to the body or head can lead to a traumatic brain injury (TBI). This type of injury can occur in workplace accidents, car crashes, and slip and falls.
- Wrongful death – When someone’s neglect, wrongful act, or default causes a person’s death, the personal representative of the deceased’s estate can file a wrongful death lawsuit. Surviving family might be entitled to compensation for funeral expenses, loss of household services, and additional losses.
If any of these circumstances apply to your situation, contact The Law Offices of Briggs & Briggs immediately. We can review the particulars of your accident and determine whether we can represent you.
Compensation for Personal Injury Cases
When you file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company, you could receive compensation for a range of losses suffered from the accident, including:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Medical bills
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
If necessary, you could file a lawsuit to pursue the compensation you’re owed. Insurance companies often look out for their own interests over the interests of accident victims. They could find a reason to deny your claim or offer a low settlement. Without a lawyer to advise you, you might decide that’s the best offer you’d get.
Frequently Asked Questions
At The Law Offices of Briggs & Briggs, our personal injury lawyers in Waller, WA, know you probably have questions about your personal injury case. Below are some questions we commonly receive from clients.
How much time do I have to file a lawsuit?
The deadline to file a lawsuit is called a statute of limitations. Washington enforces a three-year statute of limitations for personal injury cases. That means you must file your lawsuit within three years of the accident date if you want to seek compensation.
Should I talk to the insurance company?
No. If the insurance company calls you to discuss your claim, politely decline to talk to them. If you haven’t already hired a lawyer, call The Law Offices of Briggs & Briggs for legal representation. We can communicate with the insurance company on your behalf.
How long will my case take?
The length of time it takes to resolve a personal injury case depends on various factors. The Law Offices of Briggs & Briggs could settle your insurance claim quickly if there’s clear evidence of liability. However, if we have to proceed with a lawsuit against the negligent party, it could take years to secure compensation.
The Law Offices of Briggs & Briggs takes personal injury cases on contingency. That means we don’t require you to pay upfront fees or costs to represent you. You won’t have to pay us unless we recover compensation for you.
Our Waller personal injury lawyers want to help you heal after a traumatic accident. You deserve quality legal services during this challenging time in your life. You can count on us to treat you as a priority and fight by your side until the end.