Olympia Personal Injury Lawyers
Being hurt in a serious accident means days or weeks of rehabilitation and time away from work. If your accident was caused by another person’s carelessness or a company’s negligence, you should be compensated for your injuries. Pursuing that compensation through an insurance claim or a lawsuit can be a daunting task when you’re still in the hospital or at home facing a stack of bills.
At The Law Offices of Briggs & Briggs, we want to see you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries, lost time, and pain and suffering. It is unjust for you to have to pay for damage that another person caused. Our legal team can help you with the legal paperwork necessary to bring a claim against the other person or company, and deal with insurers who want a quick settlement. If you have been injured in Olympia, WA, or anywhere in the Puget Sound area, call The Law Offices of Briggs & Briggs at (253) 588-6696 for a free consultation today.
Anything that injures you that wasn’t your fault is a potential personal injury case. Car accidents are the ones most often thought of, but any type of negligence can lead to an insurance claim and a lawsuit.
- Auto Accidents. The number of hours we all spend in the car almost guarantees that everyone will be involved in some kind of accident at some time in their life. Whether it is a minor bump in the parking lot or a freeway collision, you should be compensated for your injuries if the accident was not your fault.
- Truck Accidents. Busy roads filled with commercial vehicles mean that accidents with trucks are frequent. Even small delivery vans are bigger than the average car, and 18-wheelers tower above pickup trucks. Serious accidents are inevitable with trucks and require legal recourse.
- Bus Accidents. If you are hit by a bus or are injured while you’re a passenger riding one, you should know that filing insurance claims for bus accident injuries is different than filing a claim in a car accident. That’s because busses are owned by the city rather than private entities. You need legal assistance when you’ve been injured in a bus accident.
- Pedestrian Accidents. Walking down the street should not be hazardous. But sometimes even crossing the street can be perilous if drivers are texting or talking on the phone. If you get hurt as a pedestrian, you need both prompt medical care and legal representation to protect your rights.
- Rideshare Accidents. Companies like Uber and Lyft have made life much easier in cities across America. They have also added another layer to personal injury claims. Questions of liability and insurance coverage between the driver, the company, and other vehicles are complicated when rideshare companies are involved.
- Dog/Animal Attacks. Dog bites are painful and potentially lethal. The dog itself is not at fault, but the owner is responsible for failing to train or restrain the animal. Other animals, including livestock, are also the responsibility of the owner if they harm people or other animals because of improper training or control.
- Construction Accidents. A construction site is risky enough, with equipment, loose materials, and vehicles moving in and out. Injuries are common and questions of insurance become complicated, with worker’s compensation, third-party liability, and other matters that must be taken into consideration.
- Slip & Falls. When you slip on a discarded banana or puddle of water at the store or fall on some stairs because the lights were out, the property owner is responsible. They have a duty to keep the premises safe for everyone who uses them.
- Motorcycle Accidents. Riding a motorcycle gives you freedom, speed, and a much greater chance of being injured if you are hit by a larger car. Motorcycles have the same rights and responsibilities on the road as any other vehicle and are entitled to compensation if they are hit.
- Bicycle Accidents. Bicycles can be hard to see, and sometimes drivers get annoyed with their slower speed on the road. That is no excuse for hitting one. If you have been injured on your bike through someone else’s negligence, your injuries are likely serious, and you are entitled to just compensation.
- Brain Injuries. Any of these accidents can lead to brain injury, from so-called minor concussions to life-altering brain damage that results in months or years of rehabilitation. Any type of brain injury can lead to major changes in your life, and you should have an attorney help you recover money for your injuries.
- Wrongful Death. If a loved one has died because of another’s carelessness or negligence, you may feel nothing can compensate you for the loss. The Law Offices of Briggs & Briggs believes you are entitled to recover compensation for any bills or other expenses suffered by the actions that caused your loss.
Founding partner Shawn Briggs has been a prominent personal injury lawyer in Washington since 1986. He has been active with the American Association for Justice, a trial bar association, and is a member of the Washington State Association for Justice. Mr. Briggs handles all personal injury cases, from minor traffic collisions to cases involving government negligence and catastrophic injuries.
We want all our clients to receive the same zealous advocacy that the big insurance companies have on their side. Our team will review your case and help you deal with insurance adjusters who want to settle quickly and move on, and with attorneys anxious to push the blame onto you. We fight for your rights and your just compensation throughout the entire process, from accident to settlement or trial.
How We Can Help
Understanding the legal process involved in filling out an insurance claim, negotiating with the insurance company, or even filing a lawsuit is complicated. Just talking to the claims adjuster can cause your claim to fail if you say the wrong thing. If you have been involved in an accident, you should contact The Law Offices of Briggs & Briggs right away, before you have spoken with anyone, to maximize your chances of a successful outcome.
At The Law Offices of Briggs & Briggs, your initial consultation is free. We work on a contingency basis, meaning that we will not get paid until we get compensation for you. Call us at (253) 588-6696 so we can help you get started on your insurance claim or lawsuit today.