What Compensation Am I Eligible for After My Car Accident?

Posted on Wednesday, March 1st, 2023 at 9:00 am    

What Compensation Am I Eligible For After My Car Accident

Automobile accidents are a regrettable fact of life, no matter where you are. Data from the Washington Traffic Safety Commission (WTSC) indicate that two people die daily in Washington car crashes, with thousands more suffering preventable injuries in accidents statewide. If you get hurt in a car accident in Washington, you can file an insurance claim against the other driver’s insurance or even take them to court if necessary. With a successful car accident claim, you could be compensated by the other driver for your crash-related losses, such as medical bills and lost income. Contacting a Washington injury attorney as soon as possible is the best way to build your case and collect the evidence you need for a full and fair settlement.

At The Law Offices of Briggs & Briggs, our experienced attorneys have been helping individuals and families in the Lakewood area since 1952. We have won millions of dollars in fair compensation for our clients, and our team is ready to pursue the compensation you deserve. Call us at (253) 588-6696 or fill out our convenient online form to speak with our attentive team about your legal options in a free initial case review.

How Can I Be Compensated Following a Car Accident?

The types and compensation amounts you can get for a car accident claim vary considerably depending on several factors, including the severity of your crash injuries, who is liable for the accident, and whether insurance coverage is available. When you file a car accident claim after a Washington car wreck, you could recover compensation for the following types of personal and financial losses:

  • Medical bills and physical therapy costs – Following a severe accident, you might need costly medical care to treat your injuries and prevent life-threatening complications. Much of the compensation you get from your car accident claim will likely go toward your medical bills. This includes compensation for the costs of ambulance rides, hospital stays, doctor’s visits, diagnostic tests, prescriptions, physical therapy sessions, and medical devices.
  • Lost income and future earning potential – You may be entitled to compensation for lost wages if you cannot work due to accident-related injuries. Furthermore, if your injuries leave you unable to return to your usual job, you could recover compensation for projected losses in your future earning capacity.
  • Rental car or rideshare costs – If your car is totaled or needs repairs after the accident, you could seek compensation for the costs of rental cars or rideshare services you use to get around.
  • Pain and suffering – Many crash injuries are accompanied by physical pain, mental anguish, and emotional suffering. You can seek compensation for these subjective losses when you file a car accident injury claim in Washington.
  • Car replacement or repair costs – If your car sustains damage or gets totaled in an accident, you could get compensation for necessary repair costs or the vehicle’s replacement value.

How Soon Should I Contact an Attorney Following an Accident?

How Soon Should I Contact An Attorney Following An AccidentYour priority after any accident should be seeking medical attention to have your injuries diagnosed, documented, and treated by a licensed healthcare professional. Once your condition is stable, you should contact an experienced Washington personal injury attorney before you do anything else, including speaking to the insurance company. When you work with a knowledgeable car accident lawyer, they can help you by:

  • Explaining your legal rights and helping you understand your recovery options
  • Investigating the accident to uncover evidence and identify liable parties
  • Calculate a reasonable estimate for the value of your car accident claim
  • Locate and preserve valuable evidence to support your car accident claim
  • Communicate with insurance providers and other parties on your behalf
  • Manage important documents, legal details, and filing deadlines for your case
  • Negotiate aggressively with the insurance company for the best settlement possible
  • Take your case to court and represent you at trial if necessary

Washington law gives you just three years from your accident to file a personal injury case against another party. In some cases, the filing window is even shorter. Missing this statutory deadline could jeopardize your ability to recover fair compensation for your losses, so it’s important to consult a knowledgeable attorney as soon as possible after any car accident.

Speak to an Attorney About Your Washington State Car Accident Claim Now

Do you need help navigating the claims process after a Washington car accident? The Law Offices of Briggs & Briggs has a proven history of winning substantial payouts for our clients, and we are ready to help you pursue the compensation you deserve. Contact us at (253) 588-6696 or on our website for a free initial consultation. 

Related Posts

When Can I Expect To Get My Settlement?

Your Medical Records And Your Personal Injury Claim

How To Prevent Autumn Car Accidents